Monday, June 22, 2015

Another quick week, but with some big lessons learned. It is so interesting that when you are studying and praying to apply certain principles, God gives you experiences that help you really understand. As they say, "don't pray for patience if you don't want to have experiences that try your patience". 

This week I was actually studying humility and charity instead of patience, but the same rule applies. 

I remember at the start of my mission, I couldn't have cared less about numbers or statistics, recognition or awards. But, at some point that kind of stuff started to really matter to me. Pride started to enter my heart. Sometimes it's so easy to get caught up in the work, setting goals, making plans, and trying so hard to do everything right. I for one started to forget about the importance of the people with whom I am working. 
 
Without going into specifics, I had my wake-up moment this week. I realized that I was more worried about what I wanted than what others needed. I hope that now I can be more careful about my priorities.

But now for the news and events! We started off the week with a division with the assistants (can't believe that I didn't get a picture), and the other companionship in the District had a baptism!! The Branch is starting to get things done, but they still need a lot of help. 

Finally, this week marks the end of President Reber's Mission. He was and is an incredible example to me and all the missionaries here. He did so much to help both the Church's growth and the missionary's individual growth as President of the Brazil Cuiabá Mission. As a "cherry on top" he was able to help Alta Floresta become an official Branch of the Church. Thank you President & Sister Reber!!!


Até a próxima!



No comments:

Post a Comment