Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Yet another great week full of work. I find it slightly frustrating that the best times pass so quickly. Elder Smittenaar and I are working hard to baptize, retain, and reactivate with the help of the members here in Corumbá. This week we had sucess in working with part-member families. We were thrilled to see some of these families finially come together to church. There's still a lot to do, but good things are happening! The gospel is meant to bless the entire familiy, not just a "part"!
Due to lack of noteworthy/crazy stories, I'd like to share a little bit of our companionship study this week. We've been studying together a talk called "the fourth missionary", and it's been interesting to learn about how I can make my mission more meaningful.
In this talk, and in the scriptures we learn about the importance of change, or in other words the importance of becoming. One of the main doctrines of this principle is that we have the capacity to change our character, or nature. The plan of Salvation is a plan of progress and change. Thanks to the atonement of Jesus Christ we have access to a molding power that can help us make these changes.
There have been lots of experiences so far on my mission that have helped me change my habits, and change my actions, but the true change I want to happen needs to take place in my mind and in my heart.
If anyone has ideas or thoughts that could help me on this quest, please share!
I hope everyone has a great week!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment