Monday, March 9, 2015

Has anyone ever had a time where everything seems to be falling in place, a moment that God just seems to let everything happen in the way you want it to. If you've had an experience like that, you'll be able to understand the division that we had in Alta Floresta this week. To return to the city in which I spent so much time and dedicated so much work was nothing but a dream come true. I walked those same streets that I remember so well, and what's more I was able to teach and help many of those that I had taught or baptised last year. As is the norm in that City, I was able to witness miracles. One of the most remarkable things was that the very day that Elder Zárate and I left Alta Floresta, Ana Lucia, a remarkable member who helped the missionaries teach and baptize her son and grandchildren, returned after months of living in Juara. I was able see her, along with the family of Elizete & Paulo, with their sons Moroni and Lucas. 
 
I could write the entire day about how awesome our visit to Alta Floresta was, but I think I'll get on with this week's summary. We took a bus from Alta to Sorriso, and after a 9 hour trip we got there to do some more divisions. I worked with another old friend, Elder Dodson, who was in my district in Rondonopolis. We had a remarkably successful day, and invented a new tecnique to gain member trust that we dubbed "tecnica do sorvete". We finally got back in our area on Friday, and were able to get some good visits with some families.
 
On Saturday and Sunday we had Stake Conference with the presence of Elder Costa the President of the Brasil Area. He gave a couple of great talks, and helped me us identify the importance of counsels in Church and familiy.

This week, we'll be able to spend just about the entire week here in our area. YAY!!! Hopefully we can follow up with those that are going to church, and contact some of the references that we received this weekend. I'm super excited to really get to work, and the Ward here is ready and willing to back us up!

Ate mais!

Elder Justus Johnson

1. dual wielding
2. root beer for the first time in a year!!!!
3. overly friendly bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment