Monday, May 11, 2015

Wow time really flies, other than Mother's Day, this week also marked the end of another Transfer. The weekend was highly emotional as always. It's great to see and share some time with family even if it is by a shaky skype connection in a Dental Office...but more than ever I understand now the importance of family. I'm immensly grateful for a supportive and loving family that always wants the best for me. I had to give a talk this Sunday on Mother's Day, and it was a mess. I cried like a baby in front of everyone. Who's idea was it to make a missionary give a talk about mothers on Mother's Day anyway???
Other than the impressive waterworks display at church, the week was pretty normal. We were able to open our mouths to talk with everyone, and we found a lot of new investigators that way, but the great challenge now is helping them get to church! I was able to practice patience with a number of opportunities. One of them happened when, in the middle of teaching the Restoration, a lady randomly asked if we believed in Maria (Mary). She proceeded to tell a long detailed story of how a lady appeared to a friend of a distant relative when he was about to die in the middle of the jungle...what fun!!
Lastly, this next transfer will have a couple of changes. I'll have a new companion, and an American to boot! It's been a while since I've had a Gringo Companheiro. He's from Maryland, and I've know him ever since I was in the Sorriso Zone! My companion Elder Alves, is going all the way to the other area in Corumbá...with whom we share the house, so we'll be able to stay in touch!
It's been a great month, and I'm excited to see what the next week has in store!!
Ate Mais!!

Elder Justus Johnson 

No comments:

Post a Comment