Friday, December 5, 2014

Wow, what a week. Let me try and actually remember what all happened.

We started off the week with a division in this tiny little city called Terenos. The mission recently opened up a group there, and so we spent a day with the Elders there. I loved the small-town feel, and I learned a lot from the division. We got back to  Campo Grande and I spent a whole day working in our area, before heading off again on Thursday for two more divisions. Lets just say that I'm now familiar with a bunch of different areas here in Mato Grosso do Sul. 

I joined my companion again on Saturday to try and pass by all the people that we wanted to invite to church, but NO

ONE was home...it happens I guess. However, the day ended on a happy note with the baptism of M. She is such a joyfull old lady that has been through a lot. It was touching to see her make a decision in her life that will bring her even closer to Christ.

This week was the start of a new program that the missionaries will use leading up to Christmas-"He is the Present" This short video explains that Christ was the first and most important Christmas gift ever given. We presented the video to a number of members, and as we did, I thought about how I am using "the present" in my mission now. There is so much to gain from understanding and applying the life and sacrifice of Christ in our lives. I hope that as the Christmas season approaches I can remember him and all he did for me.

Ate mais,

Elder Justus Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment