Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Wow, this week has been long but great!!! First and foremost, we didn't have to do any crazy travelling!!! It was nice to dedicate an entire week of work here in Rondonopolis. We did everything we could to take advantage of it, and we stocked up on a ton of new investigators that didn't go to church...so we'll see what happens with them this week.
But, the best thing about this week is just the feeling about being completealy dedicated. It's hard to stay exited about going out in the blazing hot sun to teach a whole bunch of people who really just don't get it. BUT, I feel like we did a pretty good job this week. What made the difference was a new neighboorhood that we're working in. It helped a lot to get a the feeling of working in a new "fresh" area.
Other than our work in this new bairro, we're amping up our less-active work here in the downtown area. With all the active members at the temple, we were able to get some good visits in with some of the families that are not coming to church so often. We're trying to buy their trust and love with homemade American cookies, and it seems to be working so far! Now I don't even need a reci
pe, just give me the right stuff and I can whip up some chocolate chip cookies in 15 minutes or less!!!
As for the spiritual side of experiences, we're had the opportunity to find and teach some very special people this week. First off, the neighboor of a lessactive family is now receiving the lessons, and she came to church this Sunday. Also, we met some very elect families in this new bairro that were definetally prepared to receive the message of the Resoration. For that very reason I love doing contacts and finding new people so much. Call me crazy, but knocking doors really is one of my favorite parts of missionary work. Sure it's not very effective, but every once and a while you have a sweet, spirit filled lesson that makes all the difference for you and the family you find.
I really love the mission. It's not always a bundle of fun, but it so meaningful. I know that I'm not perfect, but I can at least feel that what I'm doing is important, and on more then a worldly scale. I know that this work really matters, to me, to everyone else, and most importantly to God.
Ate mais!

Elder Justus Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment