Monday, September 8, 2014


Well, this week marks one year that I've been on a mission, and eight months that I've been in Brazil (not that I'm counting). What an experience. The things I've done and seen mean so much to me, and I''m SOOO excited to see what another year has in store, but before all that, let me give you all the scoop on this week. We started out the week with a mission tour in Cuiaba. All the missionaries from the north half of the mission got together to hear some instruction from Elder and Sister Campos (Area Seventy Authority). The conference was inspired! I loved all of the trainings and talks that were given. Everyone explained a lot about attitude and dedication. We learned how we could all become more consecrated missionaries. It helped open my eyes to what we can do to allow the Lord work more fully through us.
 Other than the inspired words we heard, it was awesome being able to see and talk with all the other missionaries. I was especially excited to talk with the Elders working in Alta Floresta, and I was overjoyed to hear that ALL of the people that I was able to help teach and baptize are firm in the gospel and going to church every Sunday!  Anyway, we got back to our area determined to finish the transfer strong, and I feel like we did. We found and taught as many people as we could and at the end of it all we were able to get three of them to church! We had a number of great experiences and some awesome lessons. Among other things I learned about the importance of boldly (and lovingly) calling people to repentance. And whats more, it's actually kind of fun!  As for my thoughts and feelings after one year on a mission, I'd like to dwell more on what's in front of me than the things I've done.  I've learned a lot, seem plenty of miracles, and even changed a little bit to date. But, there is room to do so much more! I was thinking about true change of heart a lot this week, and I realized that I've got a lot of heart changing to do. The good news is that I've got a whole year to do it. Sure I've changed some habits, but now it's time to change my character. I'm immensly grateful for the opportunities that I have in front of me to learn and change, and I'm even more grateful for the sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ, that allows us to make those changes.  I know that God lives and loves us, that our Savior Jesus Christ died and atoned for our sins. I know they have a plan for us, and have prepared a way for everyone to acheive the ultimate end. Eternal Life. I know that a big part of that preparation is the Restoration of the complete gospel through the prophet Joseph Smith. This is the truth, and it's my job to proclaim it.  Em nome de Jesus Cristo, Amem     PS- Nothing changed with this transfer, I'll still be in Rondonopolis with Elder Stephens!!
1. me and my "brother", Elder Carter who went home this week
2. me and Elder Tibbits (from my MTC District)
3, the "filhos de Contor"...all of the trainees of my trainer Elder Contor (may he rest in peace)
4. dinner in Cuiaba!
1. what happens when you stick terere in the freezer...
2. GIANT GRASSHOPPER ATTACK!!!




Terere- basically it's grass water. I don't know exactly what it's made of, but it's when you stick a bunch of herbs in a cup (with or without flavoring) and then pour water (or juice, or soda, or any other liquid you can think of) into the cup and drink the grass flavored drink that results! It's best to drink super ice cold, which is why I stuck it in the freezer, but turns out that doesn't give the best results...










No comments:

Post a Comment