Sunday, April 9, 2017

Furgaco de informacones.  That translates to a whirlwind/hurricane of information.  Why??  Because of GENERAL CONFERENCE!!  I can´t even descibe the 10 hours of pure revelation that the whole world has recieved just days ago!  Truthfully, before the mission, I didn´t understand the significance of hours and hours of talks.  Now...I can´t even wait for the next one!  In the past, I´always thought `soooo...one more gigantic conference to try to keep my eyelids open.`  (If you´ve never thought this...congragulations, your inteligence status is quite higher than mine).  Sure, I made notes and tried to listen as best I could, but did I make a CHANGE????  The answer simply was always excuses (I forgot, I got mad...etc) to justify my lack of change.  
 
Two of my favorite talks were by Elder Rasband and Elder Costa.

Elder Rasband recounted a story that sincerely hit me like a train.  He spoke of recieving an inspiration to stop a closing door of a would be pesquisador with his foot and ask the question, `is there anyone else that would like to hear about the gospel?`  Because of that one tiny insperation, the door for hundreds opened and many entered the waters of Baptism.  WE MUST ACT ON THE FIRST PROMPTING!!!!!  As a missionary, this phrase is essential to finding and teaching those prepared by God.  A simple thought to talk to a stranger on the road or knock a single door in the center of a neighborhood is inspired and always is worth it.  Most times we can´t see the result of a invitation or a quick lesson, but the spirit makes sure that it leaves a lasting impression on the soul with whom we talk to.  

Elder Costa gave a miracle talk.  Why miracle?  Let me explain.  Before the entire General Conference, Elder Vasconclos and I found an amazing family that showed HUGE interest in getting to know the church after we taught the Plan of Salvation.  Sadly, they were only able to attend the Afternoon Sunday session.  We prayed that the talks would touch the investigators in some way.  Guess What??  Joauqim Costa addressed INVESTIGATORS.  It was as if he was looking directly into the eyes of Christiano and Eniya and having a conversation with them!! He said to have patience with the missionaries and hear them out.  Then, he bore testimony that being baptized would be the best experiance that they could ever imagine. 
             After the conference, Christiano said that that talk had been very peculuiar because `the man spoke to us`.

I hope all of you enjoyed the conference as much as I did!!


Elder Johnson











No comments:

Post a Comment